<<May not be particularly helpful>>

I listened to 683s in a breif shop audition and was impressed straight
away - however source was a CD5 Naim rather than streamed music.  They
have a very much B&W sound and the trickle down from Nautilus was
clear.   you get the cone trickle down but not the cost of isolated
tweeters and expensively shaped and braded 800 series cabinetry.   Good
value I thought, but of course would sound different at home in situ and
with different components.

But I was running CDM1Nts at home until recently (came over all active
and minimal:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=379519#post379519)and
found the 683 very similar in character.   The styling is pleasant and
build quality is also very very good across all B&W products.

A mate has just invested in a pair 805s, which he has with a Quad
pre/power combo and feeds FLACs with a SB duet.   He is mightily
pleased with his investment and i am lookin gfwd to audition.

683s review consistently well - if you take that to mean anything
beyond fact that B&W are big press advertisers!

--
turbot fiend