Doing a quick search revealed this:

http://headwize.com/ubb/infoshowpage.php?srchcat=faqamp&tid=35

Based on my experience with a DIY headphone amp, I preferred the
hd650's driven with a low output impedance.  My design initially had a
120 Ohm output resistor, but I removed it giving me slightly cleaner,
faster bass, but not much effect on frequency response (that I
noticed).  However, my cheaper beverdynamic headphones did seem to have
a preferable frequence response with the output resistor in place.

[Note, I also used RMAA to back up my listening experience (or was it
the other war around?) with the sennheisers and found reduced
distortion in the low frequences with the output resistor removed]

--
bludragon