Stdik;392936 Wrote:
> Thanks to you who gave advice, everything set up and works well. I have
> also received the new power supply and can report an appreciable
> improvement in performance. Basically more of everything, frequency
> extremes more controlled, bigger more dynamic soundstage. For those who
> are interested the unit I bought is STONTRONICS - EPA-201D-05 - PSU,
> DESKTOP, 5V, 4A. I bought it via e-bay from from fullspeedit for a
> grand total of £17.98 inc p&p, the same unit sells at Farnell for
> £24.32 + p&p. The only issue i had was a earth loop hum - easily
> remedied by disconnecting the earth core at the mains plug end of the
> lead I use.
> ST

hmmm... you shouldn't be getting an earth loop. The SB signal ground is
not directly connected to the mains earth. What amp etc are you using?

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods)- Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters,
Kimber & Chord cables
Outdoors: Boombox+Creative Sub (If I remember to turn it on...)