Audiolab 8000A pre-amp stage - 8000P power amp. All powered via an Olson
filtered 4 way and dedicated earth spike wired with Kimber cable. As
soon as I replaced the standard sb wallwart with the new psu connected
via IEC lead to the mains I got the hum. I think the problem possibly
lies in the fact that the 4 way metal box has the kimber kable direct
to an earth terminal on the Russ Andrews super socket, as well as all
the mains leads being individually earthed. By unearthing the SB it
stopped the hum immediately. I can't see it presenting a major problem
as it'll still earth via the Phono's anyway.
What do you think?
ST

--
Stdik