iPhone;413433 Wrote:
> Do you have the electronics and are just looking for Speakers? If yes, I
> still go back to my post in the Speaker Thread. Used Vandersteen Model 2
> Signatures either the original or the newer II's. For brand new, the
> Thiel 1.6s or the Vandersteen Model 1C. It is hard to beat a flooring
> standing full range speaker that is also time and phase aligned using
> first order matched crossovers. The Model 1C really doesn;t take up
> anymore room then a pair of monitors on stands and one gets so much
> more bang for the buck. It is worth the time to at least go listen to a
> pair.
I'm looking to upgrade my amp as well, because the ones I have
available (a 'vintage' JVC JA-S44 and a <gag>Technics SA-EX140</gag>)
are only basic low-to-mid end consumer grade that probably won't do
justice to the speakers. I'm willing to go second-hand on the amp as
well, so I'm hoping that the amp will eat only $200-300 out of the
$1200 budget. That budget isn't written in stone, but I do want to be
careful around that slippery slope. Based on your posts and others and
several reviews I've read the Vandersteen 1C and 2 Signature are top
candidates and I will definitely give them a serious listen. Thanks to
you and others for the other suggestions -- it really helps to narrow
down a couple things before walking into the store.

Any particular recommendations for an amp to go with Vandersteens?

--
aubuti