Obviously, video/ gaming is not a focus here, however.... If I built a
badass dual boot. Use fedora build and vortex software to rip to my
hearts content and put those on one part of the partition, can I then
go on Vista Media Center and reach across the divide and get my media ?

Basically, your concept is capital. I want to incorporate into my htpc
but going headless or strictly linux wont doo for this application.

Though I do have an idea for the vortexbox. RS232 / ethernet / other
controller methods support. Then your ipod touch remote app would be
able to control my receiver and such. Though, I could see that adding a
little chub to the box.

Anyhow, thank you for answering my questions. I'll donate as soon as
I'm not completely poor!

--
cutestpuppy