Goodsounds;418794 Wrote:
> I'm neither an engineer nor an audio expert.
> Why screw around with a jury rigged, half-assed solution...

Because we *are* engineers ;)

If you can't easily replace the volume pot, it may be possible to get
the desired volume curve by adding a resistor in parallel with one side
of that pot. The side whose resistance is zero at low volumes - Add in
parallel a resistor a little bit larger than the resistance of that
side at your normal volume.

You didn't mention the receiver model number; that may help with other
suggestions.

--
htrd

Toby Dickenson
Search eBay for music matching your last.fm profile;
www.exitahead.co.uk