I opine that Audioengine speakers are no match for redwine modded SB3.
You need something like the Adam active speakers or the Dynaudio desktop
speakers.  I personally do not understand the near obsession with the
Audioengine speakers, they sounded rather boomy to me.  They may be good
for their prices and built quality, but to me do not quite match any
half decent audiophile speakers.

Just my opinions.

--
agentsmith

System 1: Transporter+Hi-Line RCA-DIN, Naim
202/200/Hicap+Powerline/NAPSC, Harbeth Monitor 30
System 2: SB2 or Airport Express connected via TOSLINK to a Meridian
F80
Headphone: Naim Headline+NAPSC and ancient Senn HD580