If you have to choose I would definitely buy a new DAC. There are
supposedly good ones out there from Bereshford (sp?) and Cambridge for
good prices, or a used one. I have tried a number of DACs, and find that
they make obvious differences. I have played a bit with PSs and have not
noticed any clear change. Let's say any change I "heard" was within the
noise level of the imagination. I have read scores of posts here on PSs
and have concluded that I can't conclude. Some people notice changes,
some don't, some do till they are forced to try a blind test and then
can't hear a difference. Good filtering on the power (mains) seems to
make a difference.

--
regalma1