Electronic components for the Transporter I'm sure were chosen with
quality in mind. However, new components work best, and in fact with age
and use electronic components degrade and will eventually fall outside
their stated tolerances in terms of performance, which is likely to
affect fidelity, so the best your transporter may ever sound is with the
first track it ever delivers to your Amp.

--
peejay

I've got a fever above my waist
You got a squeeze box on your knee
I know the truth is in between the 1st and 40th drink - Tori Amos
Squeezebox Classic -> NAD T743 -> Krix Phoenix
Oh, and a BOOM...