A comment on the Squeezebox SB3 signal to noise ratio; I’ve been using
the SB3 fed directly into a McIntosh 352 amp and it sounds really good.
One observation that I made was that the power meters on the amplifier
were not at zero when powered on.  See below:

[image:
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm165/Hwirt/Stereo%20Equipment/DSC02197wall.jpg]

At first I thought the meters needed to be adjusted to zero for no
signal input but when I listened closely to my speakers I could hear a
slight electrical noise coming from the tweeters.  After unplugging the
SB3 from the amp the noise was gone and the meters went to zero.  I
suspect the noise is coming from the SB3 power supply and appearing at
the analog output.  I plan on substituting a lab supply and seeing if
the noise disappears.

This noise is not noticeable during music playback and is not a big
deal but does show an area of possible improvement.

--
Hwirt