kesey;427982 Wrote:

> Download the DXD 24BIT/352.8kHz versions, as well as the 24BIT/96kHz
> Flac files. You can play the DXD tracks with Windows Media Player 12
> (comes with Windows 7 RC).
>
> Gorgeous stuff, and a good introduction to 2L.

I know some of those tracks in 24/96, and I'm sure also these are good.
But the sampling rate of the DXD tracks is just ridiculous. There is no
reason to sample at 352. Almost all the arguments for using, say, 24/96
over 16/44 are no longer valid in the case of 24/352 over 24/96.
Moreover Lavry's paper on digital sampling makes it clear that its not
technically possible to utilise all bits and samples in 24/352. Sample
at 352 and loose bit-precision.

--
bhaagensen