Labarum;426070 Wrote:
> Searching for the Beyer DT770 seems to bring up a wide range of prices
> and a variety of different versions.

Speaking of Beyerdynamic and AKG I had the oppurtunity to compare the
AKG K701, Denon DH2000 and Beyerdynamic DT990, DT880 and DT770. It is
certainly a matter of taste but I found the DT880 to be closest to
neutral with not overempasiszing either end of the range and very nice
detail. It's reproduction of voices is stunning. DT990 and more so DT770
emphasize lows and highs which may or may be not what you are looking
for.

I can recommend to listen to more than just one headphone as this
wasn't quite what I expected. I nearly ordered an AKG701 before I had
the hance to compare it to the Beyers and the Denon (which didn't
impress me much).

best

Stefan

--