I have a system that have cost me around 25000 SEK (about $3000); my CD
player is a Pioneer DVD 668 which I am very happy with. Now I have
integrated a SB classic into the system and I am for the moment quite
happy with the sound, the sound from the SB is about on par with the DVD
player which I find a bit shocking considering the price difference. I
have had a few friends over and there were jaws dropping all over the
place... ;-) At the moment I am busy ripping all my CD:s to FLAC...

Now to my question... I have noticed that some users of the SB use an
external DAC to improve the sound. How much do I have to spend on a DAC
to get a clear improvement over the internal DAC? I do not want to spend
a lot and only get a subtle change... Do you have any suggestions for a
DAC that is known to work very well with the SB and is a real
improvement?

/Per

--
peber