I should preface this thread by admitting that there's nothing
especially that I don't like about my system (modest though it is) but
the idea of another cool-looking silver box to stick in the rack appeals
to me enormously...

So I have the Rotel RA 05 amp running SB3 through Quad 11Ls and a KEF
sub. There's an RB06 power amp going cheap. I can plug it into my RA05
and have a go at biamping (i'm not exactly sure 'how' I do this, but it
can't be rocket science).

Pointless waste of effort? Lots of faffing about for no gain? Or a
worthwhile modification to the system that also provides an upgrade path
for the future?

My wife refuses to discuss it with me. Any takers?

Simon

--
ashmore