I have both A2s and A5s.  Both have their merits - vfm being one of
them.  If your listening room is of any size, go for the A5s.  Whilst
not the last word in Audiophile circles for PC-based music, they are
(imho) unbeatable at the price. More than good enough to get you going.
My black A2s in kitchen, probably deliver vocals better than do the
white A5s, but then the A5s dfinately have a more open (in me-speak,
that means you can hear more detail) and punchy sound for rock/pop etc.
Everyone seems to enjoys both sets.

I looked at bamboo, but dismissed it as not worth extra.  My wife (who
knows these things..) actually preferred the white finish to bamboo,
saying bamboo looked cheap. All depends on your taste.

You won't resent having spent £249 on A5s. Get some decent stands too.

--
turbot fiend