jaredcoe;460294 Wrote:
> ralphpnj, my original idea was to have duets sit next to the amp and use
> my ipod touch to control them.  But, when I saw the SB Touch and the
> wall mount pics I fell in love with the look and feel of that
> installation.
>
> As far as long runs of fiber cable, I would be interested to see if
> that would be an option to the others that have posted on this forum...

Hold on here: Does your multi-channel amp take multiple Toslink inputs?
What brand and model amp are you planning to use? If it doesn't then
this is a moot point, end of Optical discussion.

General purpose Big Box store purchases should probably be kept to 3 to
10 feet with 15 pushing it. Two biggest factors here are the quality of
the cable and the drive/receiver units. I did have a need for a 50 and
100 foot run at my across the street neighbors home. I found a source of
on the Internet that has high quality cables that will work well up to
100 feet (they say 150). I know the 50 and 100 footers work. These
cables have good quality connectors on both ends and the cable is not
that thin stuff for 1M runs. If I remember, they have a special plastic
for up to 75 feet and glass for 25 to 150 feet (Glass costs more but has
lower attenuation).

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope
2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom