colin_e wrote:
> 1) HDMI inputs + Output. (extracting Stereo audio, passing through video
> from
> the selected input).
>
> 2) Programmable "bit perfect" digital audio delay to correct lip-synch
> issues.
>
> 3) Simplified "standard stereo black box" aesthetics and a 50%+ price
> reduction.

I like your #1, especially with #2.

The aesthetics don't matter all that much to me, but there will be real
costs (HDMI decoding licenses, etc) that fight your #3.

Plus, real audiophiles won't listen to anything cheap. The target market
for the TP was folks who think $500 interconnects are worthwhile.

I like the idea of the smart knob a lot more than I actually use it. I
played with it some the first month, but its been untouched in well over
a year.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/