results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=71190
Question: Are you using the Transporters BALANCED outputs to make
connection to your amp?

- Yes
- No

Pneumonic;483408 Wrote:
> For me I have always used single ended connections with high level audio
> signals because I was under the impression that most audio designs start
> off with signals that are unbalanced so that transforming them to
> balanced requires additional circuitry which isn't conducive to
> maintaining the purity of the original signal.
Since my active monitors have balanced inputs, it's no-brainer to use
the TP's balanced outputs.

But even in cases where the signal starts out unbalanced, my experience
has been that converting to balanced gives an improvement in
instrumental timbre and a sense of "solidity" to the sound. This all
seems counter-intuitive: how can adding extra circuitry possibly do
anything but degrade the signal?

I'm no electronic engineer, but I wonder if it may have something to do
with separating the ground from the signal. Balanced interconnects don't
maintain a connection between the grounds of the devices. Perhaps this
eliminates "micro-ground loops"?

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A