results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=71190
Question: Are you using the Transporters BALANCED outputs to make
connection to your amp?

- Yes
- No

cliveb;483415 Wrote:
> Since my active monitors have balanced inputs, it's no-brainer to use
> the TP's balanced outputs.
>
> But even in cases where the signal starts out unbalanced, my experience
> has been that converting to balanced gives an improvement in
> instrumental timbre and a sense of "solidity" to the sound. This all
> seems counter-intuitive: how can adding extra circuitry possibly do
> anything but degrade the signal?
>
> I'm no electronic engineer, but I wonder if it may have something to do
> with separating the ground from the signal. Balanced interconnects don't
> maintain a connection between the grounds of the devices. Perhaps this
> eliminates "micro-ground loops"?
cliveb, one thing I have learned in all the years I have been at this
hobby is that nothing is ever counter-intuitive when it comes to how we
each process the sound that we hear.

--
Pneumonic

Main:

Transporter
Squeezebox 3 > Metric Halo ULN2
.................... > Sonic Frontiers Ultra Jitterbug > Roksan DAC/PS
Modwright Sony SCD 777ES
Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 Preamp
Quicksilver Silver 90 Mono Power amps
Martin Logan CLS IIa Speakers