cliveb;485088 Wrote:
> Louis seems to be looking for a scientific explanation as to why he
> hears a difference between FLAC transcoded to WAV then streamed, versus
> streaming of native WAV, in spite of having been presented with lots of
> scientific evidence as to why the actual sound being made by the
> hardware is the same.
>
> There is a huge body of scientific research that satisfactorily
> explains why Louis hears these differences, but it's not in the domain
> of engineering. It's psychological - if you expect to hear a difference,
> you will.

Maybe its psychological, however that is your view. others have heard
the difference and i believe strongly there are so many factors, such as
The quality of your system, Even the circuutry of your electronic
component, what ampifier you are using, what DAC etc. We can go on and
on. The issue is not about Flac. I can tell the difference between flac
and wav in terms of how they sound. others cannot. My issue is the
difference between the softwares. That is the main conscern. The only
reason why FLac and Wav is part of the discussion was the original
thought that version 7.4.1 was transcoding in Flac. This has been
proofed by the developer as not the case when set to native and playing
a wav file, hence no need to go on. We agree to disagree that flac
sounds the same as wav. Yes i know when you covert flac back to wave you
do get the same number of bytes as the original wav file. Definately not
doubting the maths behind this, however to me the file formats sound
different. To you its psychological, to me its not. Hope this finally
explains where i stand on this.

--
Louishlomador