Louishlomador;485028 Wrote:
> I have, Unfortunately I am not a fun of this software, as there are
> other things to take into considuration when doing the measurement.
> Believe me, even the quality of your internal computer sound card for
> doing the test will play a big role, or the connectors at the end of
> your PC. I am also sure we both agree on the type of Interconnects you
> use for the testing will play a role as well as some interconnects will
> handle the signal in a different way due to the caracteristics of the
> wire being used for the testing. I'll go with my ears. this might sound
> strange, however, at least i'm not the only person that has noticed the
> difference, so there you go. I'll recommend you test different music
> tracks. That will be the key. I will agree that with some music track
> you may not be able to tell the difference, depending on the
> instruments. I'm also not sure how vetted this software is. There you go
> mate

I agree that you need to use a variety of music as some shows
differences more clearly. This is definitely true. However, the cables
etc are a constant and we are looking for a delta here.

Your ears (and mine) are the most unreliable tools on the planet.
Actually it's not our ears, but our brains...

Just because a thousand people "noticed" a difference doesn't mean
there actually is one.

The software works just fine. This is easily proven by using a control
test.

Anyway, the good news is that this afternoon I have retrieved my SB3
from the loft and wired it up. I can run some fresh tests with SB3 and
Touch.

The quality of the ADC in my soundcard in my PC is not going to be an
issue here. I have owned and used some of the very best soundcards
available. Certainly more than the average audiophile.

The rest I'm afraid is just maths.

I'd love to know what else there is to "take into consideration" ?
Your ears are better than the software? - anyone making this claim is
going to face VERY stiff opposition. If this is the basis for your
remarks, then I have a little test for you :-)

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio