The maximum cable length in the S/PDIF specification is 10 meters, or
about 39 feet.

Just as a test, I once ran S/PDIF output through the double-shielded
RG6 cable TV coaxial cables (temporarily disconnected from the CATV
system) from the Squeezebox in my living room to a DAC in my main
listening room. It took a few RCA-to-F connectors and female-to-female
threaded adapters to hook it all up. The total run was about 150 feet of
coax, going down into the basement then up through a conduit to the
attic and over to the other room, with several sections running in close
proximity to AC electrical wires. To my pleasant surprise, I did not
detect any audible problems.

As long as you're using a high quality coax cable, you should have no
problem going 25 feet.

--
TiredLegs