ralphpnj;491288 Wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> For most, if not all, vendors the use of the word "audiophile" in any
> ad copy such as "audiophile quality pressing" or "made specifically to
> meet the demands of the most demanding audiophile" entitles them to
> charge the most outrageous prices imaginable.
>
> Now be a good audiophile and hand over your wallet, spread your legs
> and bend over.
>
> And more thing: the over priced audiophile vinyl will only sound its
> best when played back on an audio system that has similarly over priced
> wires and cables.

Actually, I'm speaking about Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs and Nautilus
records. These were mastered at half the rotation rates (to facilitate
cutting accuracy L to R) and then pressed on really hard vinyl that
resisted the "stretch" that the grooves of ordinary records.

They actually are incredibly better than their ordinary counterparts.
(Of course, how good the CD is depends also on the engineer. One of the
first four CD's I bought was Terrapin Station and it sounds crappy..)

Cables and wires are vastly over-rated given the real physics involved.
(There is a certain snobism based-on whose tube amps make the best
toasted-cheese sandwiches..)

--
pski

real stereo doesn't wake neighbors (it enrages them)