On 17/12/09 02:25, kphinney wrote:

> Bandwidth limiting enabled?  Who mentioned that and where did you find
> that setting?

In SqueezeBox Server, under Player settings|Audio, look for "Bitrate
limiting".

> It's not the case -- there is ample bandwidth to stream multiple more
> amounts of SB3's on one 802.11g network.

Yes, there is, but it used to be the case that wireless devices
defaulted to a bitrate limited stream.

> Can you explain where your knowledge of the stream sync comes from?
> Particularly where in the SB Server you personally noticed this or in
> what documentation you found this?

I don't recall - I've been using Slim Devices for rather longer than I
care to remember and this nugget has stuck in my mind.

So, there are two issues at play here that you may need to check:

1. If your players are synched then they will use the same stream format
which will be the highest quality format supported by both players.

2. If you have bandwidth limiting enabled on one of the players then it
will apply to *all* synched players.

Issue 1 will certainly apply to you (your TP & SB3 are synched) but it
might not actually cause any problems - the common stream format could
be lfac or raw pcm.

Issue 2 will only apply if it is enabled for one of your players.

R.