kphinney;496366 Wrote:
> Bandwidth limiting enabled?  Who mentioned that and where did you find
> that setting?
>
> It's not the case -- there is ample bandwidth to stream multiple more
> amounts of SB3's on one 802.11g network.
>

> Can you explain where your knowledge of the stream sync comes from?
> Particularly where in the SB Server you personally noticed this or in
> what documentation you found this?
Bandwidth limiting is not the issue here (other than if you do enable
it on one player in a synch group, MP3 streams are sent to ALL SYNCHED
players!).

The issue here is that for synched players, the server is only sending
ONE stream and that stream WILL be at the lowest common denominator rate
that the synched players can handle. Un-synched players are unaffected.

I just proved this by sending 24/96 streams to Radio and Touch
un-synched. The radio plays 24/48 via a SOX downsampled stream, whereas
the Touch gets a 24/96 stream - the display on my TACT shows me this.

However, if I then synch them, both Radio AND Touch get 24/48 via SOX.
This is because there is only ONE stream for synched players.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio