I for one am all for the best possible technologies to present our
favorite music, but until the record companies are??  It seems to
remain just a dream.

As long as "focus groups" of college students find 128Kbps MP3s to
sound so good, I don't expect the labels to make the investment.   If
the kids won't buy it...we don't get it.   Period.

I'm done buying "audiophile" music that bores me in one or two plays.
I've found that in the meantime, there are far more meaningful aspects
of one's playback system that can be improved upon.

I feel that my Transporter at 24/96 is the least of my challenges.

--
Curt962