Curt962;529502 Wrote:
> I for one am all for the best possible technologies to present our
> favorite music, but until the record companies are??  It seems to
> remain just a dream.
>
> As long as "focus groups" of college students find 128Kbps MP3s to
> sound so good, I don't expect the labels to make the investment.   If
> the kids won't buy it...we don't get it.   Period.   Folks would rather
> have it "now" via download than they would have it "good".      When
> your entire system costs $169...a few thousand Kbps doesn't make a lot
> of difference to the masses.
>
> The same people who wouldn't dream of watching American Idol on
> anything less than a lifesize Plasma screen, will happily listen to
> their music through a 2" paper cone.
>
> And we want 176 what??
>
> I'm done buying "audiophile" music that bores me in one or two plays.
> I've found that in the meantime, there are far more meaningful aspects
> of one's playback system that can be improved upon.
>
> I feel that my Transporter at 24/96 is the least of my challenges.

Jazz/blues was indeed boring me 15 years ago, but today I find it quite
interesting.
Also, since I heavily upgraded my stereo system, I can now enjoy
classical recordings... Which are plenty on high-rez

For some reason, maybe marketing as Pat noted, recording industry goes
to 192/24. Hence, I prefer the player to handle it natively, rather
than buying strong CPU for SqueezeCenter to downsample it, and create
artifacts..

Transporter is a killer product, i think it deserves more attention.

--
michael123