michael123;529986 Wrote:
> Thanks, wireless200.
>
> mlsstl,
>
> Then why is the need to work with 192KHz at all? Why the industry
> adopts DXD, which is 384Hz, I think..? I saw few labels going this way,
> and there is hardware available of course..
>

> There is one interesting article, comparing analog and different
> digital techniques:
> http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/technical-articles/427-a-secrets-technical-article.html
>
> Even with 192/24, analog still has an edge over digital recording
> (see here, for example -
> http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/technical-articles/427-a-secrets-technical-article.html?start=3)
>
> I think the main idea of high-resolution is to provide a proper
> substitute to vinyl and/or master tape.
>
> HDAD by Classic Records indeed sounds very close, still older records
> sound much better on turntable than on computer.
>
> Recent (USB) release of Beatles was 44.1/24, but, as I understood, it
> was digitized on much higher sample rate, and will be re-released in
> the future.

That article you linked to is the same old misinformed rubbish that has
been washing around the internet and in (some) hi-fi mags for years.
Please don't show me another jagged sine wave...

So you can't record a 10kHz sine wave perfectly at 44.1kHz, huh?

Clearly Shannon et al were misguided fools...

Why can't people learn that the way the wave gets drawn on the screen
by some software says nothing - NOTHING - about how it sounds.

There is NO veracity in that article.
Nothing scientific in it at all. It's just trying to prop up the old
agenda that digital ain't as good as analogue.

This is just silly. Analogue has some lovely added distortion that a
lot of people like. Accurate it simply isn't.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio