Well, when Akira Suzuki came to present CD (along with the Philips reps)
came to present CD in the annual ICIM (International Music Industry
Conference) in Athens in 1979, he got the following "constructive"
criticism:
"Look, son, you propose the bullshit!"

Along with the opening of vice-president (Richard Asher) opening
speech, which was not tender.
Jerry Moss (A&M chairman) stated even that "I fear what the hardware
people are going to come up with next., to confuse and confound the
consumer" and "I loath seeing the erosion of sales and excitement in
the record business because of this confusion".

At the time, the recording industry was thinking that home taping was
"killing" the industry. All the audience heard in the pristine sound if
the CD was a better master tape for pirates.

Although Hans Gout (Polygram) was trying to play "good cop" by sayng CD
was "small and beautiful, when the microphone was open to the audience
(of the conference) it was a deluge of criticisms  and great
hostility.
"How did they expect the labels to invest taht much in the hardware ?"
and "pay patends to Sony and Philips?" and "what about the piracy?"

(extracts from Greg Miller: Perfecting Sound Forever)

--
Themis

SB3 - North Star dac 192 - Croft 25Pre and Series 7 power - Sonus Faber
Grand Piano Domus