Now, we all know that the mp3 is a vile affront to the discerning ear
and a hideously retrograde step back from the basic minimum quality of
the CD and that the current trend towards providing music in
downloadable mp3 format should have plagues and demons unleashed upon
its instigators. And my sentences should be shorter. I know.

However…. Regrettably, some of the music I like is only available in
mp3 format.
Here’s where I need the advice of people more skilled and
technically-minded than I am:- I find that legally-downloaded mp3
tracks have a ridiculously heavy bass. I normally use the tone control
bypass switch on my amp when listening to music, but for mp3s I have to
switch in the tone controls with the bass turned down very nearly to
zero. This is a sad state of affairs. If anyone out there is kind
enough to respond I would be really grateful, but please bear in mind
that my technical skills and knowledge are limited. So. My question is,
how do I get rid of this over-heavy bass? Can it somehow be filtered out
as it is downloaded from legitimate streaming audio sources or from
downloads purchased from Amazon? Any clues, anyone?.......... Please?

--
Thavmasio