Phil Leigh;534337 Wrote:
> Well... I could tell you how to fix this properly but I think I would
> really scare you!
>
> The bass control on your NAD is set @ circa 80-120 Hz and you are
> applying a lot of cut (I don't know what the range  on the NAD is -
> maybe +/- 10dB - the manual was very unhelpful). -10dB of bass cut is a
> LOT!
>
> I have a few MP3's and they don't seem overly bassy to me. What device
> are you using to playback the MP3's into your amp? Also what speakers
> are you using?

Too late, I’m already scared!

Perhaps I should have given more details sooner. I am currently still
in the process of setting up my music library, ripping my CDs to flac.
I have a new SB3 still in its box champing at the bit and an Acer Revo
R3610 on its way to be a dedicated music server downstairs with my
music system. I have two desktop PCs upstairs to do the ripping and
downloading. Naturally I want to get everything spot on ready for
hooking up the SB3 and sitting back and enjoying the music – which
unfortunately includes these pesky mp3s. The latter are recorded from
streaming audio onto the PCs or downloaded from Amazon. I burn them
onto CDs and take them downstairs to play them in my CD player.
Until I have the SB3 set up, this is the only method I have for
listening to music.
Speakers are two pairs of early-model Jamo D265s.

To answer your other question Phil, the mp3s in question are “Letting
Go” EP by Lo-Pro purchased by download from Amazon and all the tracks
by Chokt  recorded from their MySpace website audio stream onto hard
disk on one of my PCs.

Hope all that helps!

--
Thavmasio