I think that when used as digital transports, any audible differences
between the Touch and SB3 must certainly reflect the jitter-sensitivity
& noise-susceptibility etc of the DAC(?)

For instance, I recently had a chance to play with a Touch alongside an
SB3 and a separate transport - all into a Benchmark PRE.  Result:
Absolutely no difference that any of us could hear, within the several
systems tried.

However, the Benchmark is an Ultralock design (not a PLL-design): It is
noted for its highly-isolated conversion clock and for showing no
measurable jitter-induced artifacts resulting from normal use of any of
its digital interfaces.

Keep in mind that I am most admittedly NOT an expert - so if there is
somehow more to the story, I'd like to hear it as much as anybody else!
:)

--
NewBuyer