Hi,
using a "modded" Caiman here (See AOS Forum for details..) with my new
Touch, used it previoulsy with my SB Classic..

I use a coax rather than an Optical link as I found co-ax to be better
sounding.

One thing ive noticed about the Beresford is that it can show up
differences in whatever is fed into it quite easily..
For instance my Touch is obviously a much better digital transport than
my SB3..sounds very much better.
Also, while I was waiting on my Touch arriving, I had sold my SB3 and
was using my DVD player playing MP3s through the Beresford.
Have to say..going from this to my Touch was quite the revelation.

So if your happy as you are (and you WILL be :)) co-ax into the Caiman
is the way to go...use Fixed outputs not the variable ones unless you
are running the Dac as a preamp into a Power Amp.

Oh, and I would give your new Dac a few weeks (Id say 6) to fully "run
in", as the sound you get at the start is very different from 6 weeks
on.

Further down teh line you can upgrade the Dac with different Opamps
(easy job) or more hard core mods like upgrading the Output caps and
Regulators (hard!)

Hope this helps

Gaz.

--