mswlogo;547491 Wrote:
> It's not easy to simulate with data because the jitter talked about is
> typically much less than one sample width. One CD sample is 1/44100
> seconds where people debate differences in 100's of pico seconds
> 1/1000000000. It's totally ridiculous. You could simulate massive
> jitter in the data.

Hmmm, not sure I understand. The audio-relevant effect of
(playback-chain introduced) jitter is, by definition, distortion of the
input wave-form which is caused by interpreting (converting) a correct
signal, but at the wrong time, the sum of which produces a slightly
different wave-form. I was thinking this could be simulated by instead
distorting the input wave-form (using predictions) and realise the
entire thing by slightly altering the samples.

Admitted, its just a rather quick thought, but I can not immediately
see why it couldnt't work.

--
bhaagensen