See the test at the bottom.

http://www.meridianunplugged.com/wiki/index.php?pagename=RMAATests

The RMAA test is actaully less important than the work I did to
actually diff the results. The Recorded files and the files I hand
trimmed are included.

I used a non 75ohm cable (because I was too lazy to dig one up) and for
one test I used a CO2 converter to convert TosLink to Coax.

Note there are 2 types of jitter.

Peak to Peak and Clock Drift.

The Meridian FIFO (or similar buffering in good DACs) will get rid of
100% of peak to peak jitter.

A cable could change peak to peak jitter but it can't effect the clock
drift jitter.

So with a Meridian system (or a DAC with similar buffering) a digital
cable should make ZERO difference. As well as TosLink vs Coax will make
no difference. It also tells me SpeakerLink (a new Meridian connection)
should make no difference since the DSP Speakers have FIFO dejitter as
well and should eliminate cable differences.

I was a little concerned the "DTS Test" was not 100% reliable, in that
DTS does handle some errors. I had in the past recorded my own test
wave forms and compared them bit for bit using a wave form editor. But
this test is much more extensive and verifies it's not that hard to
transmit every bit over SPDIF. All that is left with a "Good DAC" is
effects of clock drift.

--
mswlogo

XP > Cat5 > Transporter/DuetController > SPDIF > Meridian G68 > DSP6000,
DSP5500HC, DSP5000
XP > Cat5 > SB3 > SPDIF > Meridian DSP5000
XP > Cat5 > DuetReceiver > SPDIF > Meridian G91 > DSP5000

'My Transporter Setup'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=350741&postcount=45)
'Hitch Hikers Guide to Meridian' (http://www.meridianunplugged.com)