Phil Leigh;551440 Wrote:
> If you are recording and diffing s/pdif you will never see jitter.
> Jitter will only manifest post-DAC (assuming decent, working equipment
> - which you do have!). For jitter to manifest pre-DAC it would have to
> be so severe as to change the bitstream - which we all know it doesn't
> in the SB2/3/TP/Touch devices.
>

> All the evidence available points to the conclusion that the Touch and
> TP are pretty much perfect deliverers of s/pdif to a DAC...

I know that, but some don't seem to believe it. SB3 is a perfect SPDIF
deliverer too (both toslink and SPDIF). CO2 converts perfectly and
TASCAM records perfectly. All that is left is jitter. And if your DAC
buffers/reclocks that gets rid of all peak to peak jitter.

So people must have really bad DACs if they can hear differences
between toslink vs coax and this cable or that.

--
mswlogo

XP > Cat5 > Transporter/DuetController > SPDIF > Meridian G68 > DSP6000,
DSP5500HC, DSP5000
XP > Cat5 > SB3 > SPDIF > Meridian DSP5000
XP > Cat5 > DuetReceiver > SPDIF > Meridian G91 > DSP5000

'My Transporter Setup'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=350741&postcount=45)
'Hitch Hikers Guide to Meridian' (http://www.meridianunplugged.com)