Well that makes it easy, you can get to the traces, I was worried they
would be buried in an inner layer or something. I would do it
mechanically, get a small 3pole double throw relay. Glue it onto the
board near the traces. Cut the traces with a sharp knife (I use a sharp
pocket knife for this type of surgery). Using thin wires (I personally
use wire wrap wire since I have a lot of that stuff laying around, but
other thin flexible wire will do) connect the trace going the the DAC
chip to the center contact of the relay. The trace going to the Xilinx
chip goes to the contact that is connected to the center contact when
the relay is NOT powered. The other contact goes to the debounce board.
Do this for all three traces.

You then need another switch that turns the relay on or off. Relays
usually com ein either 12V or 5V types, use whatever voltage is handy.

So this means you have a control board with four switches, one for the
relay and one each for the three signals.

That should be all you need to do. You could hook the control board up
through a multi-pin connector. When its disconnected the Transporter
behaves normally. When you want to put it in slow rolloff mode, make
sure all the signal switches are high and the relay if off. Turn on the
relay, set CSN to low, set CDTI to the bit you want, toggle CCLK low
then high, change CDTI, toggle CCLK... When done with all 16 bits bring
CSN high, turn off the relay and you are done.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson