ralphpnj;580282 Wrote:
> I replaced my SBR with a Touch several months ago and I have never
> regretted this move. I find that the Touch has a clearer sound and is
> not as bass heavy as the Receiver. Since you are using an external DAC
> (the Cambridge Audio DacMagic) I would say that the improvement will
> not be night and day but there still will be a noticeable difference in
> the sound. You should also consider the Touch's ability to play
> 24bit/88.2&96kHz files and the upgrade is more than worthwhile.

You're right on, ralphpnj...got my Touch today, 3 min setup and, yes, I
immediately heard a noticeable difference.  Clearer, more depth and
detail.  I'm already in love with it...

--
rgro

Rick

System information
Duet SBC running 7.5.1 r9009, an SBR running firmware V 65.  Controller
and receiver configured in all-wireless set-up using Netgear WNDR 3700.

Running Squeeze Server 7.5.1 r30836  on Windows 7 64 bit/ HP Pavillion
w/Intel i7 processor

Marantz PM8003 integrated amp, Cambridge Audio DacMagic, Vienna
Acoustics Mozart Grand speakers, REL Acoustics R305 sub-bass, PS Audio
Quintet.