Phil Leigh;580336 Wrote:
> Rick - what amp + speakers are you using?
>
> The answer to your question depends a lot on how your DAC handles less
> than perfect digital (s/pdif or toslink) signals. On paper the Touch
> digital output is better than that of the SBR. Whether or not that
> translates into a significant audible benefit to you depends on the
> DAC, specifically: how well does it tolerate "less than ideal" signals.
> This is all highly system and environment specific and even the same
> equipment in different houses may behave differently because of wiring
> etc.
>
> It is very hard to be categoric on this. I urge you to try and borrow
> one and see...
>
> Sorry if that comes across as a non-answer, but I believe there are too
> many variables - including you, yourself - in the equation :-)

Phil...

System info is:  Marantz PM8003 integrated amp, Cambridge Audio
DacMagic, Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand speakers, REL Acoustics R305
sub-bass, PS Audio Quintet.

Does that make your opinion any more or less "categoric"?

And, yes, you and all the others who so kindly give of their time and
opinions have, as we say over here in Americee, learnt me good as to
how individual the listening experience is---both in terms of equipment
interactions and human/equipment interactions!

--
rgro

Rick

System information
Duet SBC running 7.5.1 r9009, an SBR running firmware V 65.  Controller
and receiver configured in all-wireless set-up using Netgear WNDR 3700.

Running Squeeze Server 7.5.1 r30836  on Windows 7 64 bit/ HP Pavillion
w/Intel i7 processor