michael123;583015 Wrote:

> But..I do not understand your point. There are less (destroying music)
> steps in 24bit mastering..

My point is that i am fed up with reading about how much superior 24bit
material is.
I listen gear since a while now. I listen some very expensive
Avantgarde Trio systems for example. I hear different OP Amps and
electrolyts. I hear different caps in my speakers pretty clearly and so
on.
But i really have problems hearing differences in a good downsampled
version of a 24bit file.
Most often people just use a 24bit recording they got hold of and
listen it against some 16bit version they have without even thinking
about it may be more due to the different mastering and not the bits.

I myself think to hear some more relaxed playing on music with higher
samplerate. Downsampling just adds that tiny bit of hardness but not
like day and night. Dithering back 24bit to 16 without resampling, as
with HDCD for example didn´t show me any disadvantage at all but i
don´t listen at +120dB loudness at home :)

--
Wombat

Transporter -> RG142 -> Avantgarde based monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 ->
self-made speakers