Wombat;583025 Wrote:
> You don´t have to wait for Phil. I already wrote:
>
> sox input24.wav --bits 16 output16.wav dither -a -f low-shibata
>
> works! noise shaped dither with a not to high amplitude. Diffmaker
> shows ~ -120dB at ear sensitive frequencies.
>
> And Michael. Sox with some 90% and allow alias should give you a
> similar or even better impulse as the Weiss. Weiss allows alias falling
> back in. Since that happens above 20kHz Weiss thinks it can´t be heard.

Do not know what you consider as 'works'.
Resulted 16bit is essentially the same as Jarrett's version on CD,
which I already listened today..

Ear Sensitive is below 15KHz? For which age?
And there are clear differences in the low-freq area (which my ear
distinguish as well)

|Filename: 24bit.png                                                |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10759|

michael123