darrenyeats;604000 Wrote:
> It seems the length which every camp might find acceptable is 1.5m.
>
> What about optical cables - is length significant and why? I hear glass
> is better than plastic...any comments?
>
> So, coax versus optical on the SB Touch - does anyone have any
> comments?
>
> Regards, Darren

Darren, you simply have to try both and see which you prefer. There are
no hard rules, it depends on the DAC.

As for glass vs plastic... for the lengths we are talking about it's
irrelevant. I've used 5m cables with no drop-out/lock problems.

IMO the most important part of any Toslink is NOT the cable, it's the
connectors. If they aren't right, you can get significant transmission
loss.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect
cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.