JezA;609150 Wrote:
> Lets work it back from the speakers.
>
> Your room is 8' wide.
>
> You need the speakers in from the side-walls, so very roughly lets
> guess that they will be 6' or less apart - 1' in or more from each
> wall.
>
> So again, very roughly, allowing 1' behind them,  if you sit somthing
> like 6 - 8' away from the front wall, you'll be around 6' away from
> either speaker.
>
> Pretty excellent near-field-ish listening imo. Equilateral triangle.
> Way to go. Great stereo, rock solid image, predominantly direct sound.
>

> If your sofa takes up 3', and your room is 18' long,you've still got 9'
> for your table.  Maybe you have to shuggle a bit of furniture about if
> you are entertaining, but you should get a much better sound than
> trying to listen to your speakers from the far end of the room with a
> dining set in the way.

Not being a fan of near-field listening (if I want near-field listening
I just use headphones) I really feel that sitting 6 feet away from
speakers that are 6 feet apart is too close but you may feel otherwise
and find that you enjoy near-field listening. I like the idea of the
listening position located on the other end of the room with something
like 10 to 12 feet from the speakers.

However I do agree that the table and chairs will be a bit of problem.
Again I suggest that you look into a convertible table and possibly
even high quality folding chairs. Yes they do make very good quality
folding chairs that are pretty much indistinguishable from regular
chairs when opened up.

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2 (oops) -> Touch