garym;611523 Wrote:
> of course you could use your own music, take notes, etc. And DBT doesn't
> mean that you listen to a snippit then switch and listen to another
> snippit. You can listen for weeks at at time to one source or the
> other. Take notes, etc. The key is that YOU, the listener, don't know
> which "system" you are listening to until after you're done with the
> experiment.Sounds interesting. I would think that single songs or snippets
(switched or not between playback of the same selections) would
increase the likelihood of being able to discern the difference.

garym;611523 Wrote:
> Regarding the coat hanger speaker wire, the only point there is that
> self professed audiophiles were not able to distinguish between high
> quality speaker wire and a coat hanger in a controlled test. This
> doesn't mean that there are not cables/wires that can make a
> difference. But it does illustrate that self awareness is not as good
> as many people think.The point I was trying to make is that possibly the
> system was not
sufficiently resolving to allow listeners to tell the difference, or,
the room/music/situation was unfamiliar enough that the differences
were masked, at least as far as the listeners' perceptions.

Or maybe in that case, both wires actually did sound the same!

--
Rick58

Bits: Azur 840C, Oppo 980H, SB Touch; Squiggles: Thorens TD-145 + Denon
DL160; Pre-Heater: McIntosh C220; Heaters: Bottlehead Paramount 300B;
Wavemakers: Triangle Titus, NHT SubOne