brodeur;612973 Wrote:
> THX!
> I will have a go at it.
> I noticed you changed from native to up sampling to 96khz when running
> INGUZ. In another thread you preferred letting your DAC do the math.
> Anny reason for changing this?

That was before Inguz!  - now I up/downsample everything in SOX to 96k
and use a 96k correction filter. It makes everything simpler. I can't
say I can hear any difference. When I had the TACT in the chain it was
upsampling everything to 96 anyway. I think SOX does a better job than
the TACT of the upsampling - but I can't prove it. The TACT did have
some strange ringing on square waves, even in bypass mode (which was
not true bypass, just a flat correction filter). There's an old thread
on that somewhere.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF
x-dacv3/x-10/x-psu(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner,
Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber 8TC Speaker &
Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.