magiccarpetride;612879 Wrote:
> But the problem is I occasionally hear differences when blind even if
> everything else remains the same. Besides, there is no way that we can
> reliably measure the exact scope, quality and quantity of the sound
> waves arriving at one's ears.
>
> Pretending that we already know all there is to know about the
> phenomenon of experiencing music is extremely foolish. In addition to
> that, pretending that it is possible to achieve consistency when
> testing component blindly is another superstitious pile of baloney.

But whe can reliably measure electrical signals, you only need to to do
that.
" the phenomen of experiencing music" does not need to be involved.
You only have to detect if there is a difference not try to measure "
musical quality ".

It's even more impossible to test thing's unblinded. You can not solve
the problems of blind testing by reintroducing the much much bigger
problems it solved.

Blind testing itself does not solve the problem of unrilable human
perception, it the statistical methods used after the test.

You can think like this , it quite possible that for some stimuli a
bunch of people can be intirely correct about something, but you cant "
know " that. To " know " you have To subjekt them or a similar group to
a test for example giving them the placebo medicine or what ever, oops
it starts to look like blind test.

It's not about rigth and wrong it's about knowing or not knowing.
Without quantifiable test you never know you can have loads of very
plausible hypothesises but you don't know.

Next hurdle is to blind the tester himself the" double blind" this hard
to do, some researchers relly want their favorite theory to be rigth and
thus twarts the experiments  not deliberatly, but these things tend to
be self fullfilling, so errors does not always emerge from the
testsubjekts.

It is superstituos baloney that blind testing does not work, often
spread by people whos " religion " is in perill regarding shakti stones
fancy cables and cones and other nonsense

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad