darrenyeats;613903 Wrote:
> Everything has its place. You can't fix electronic distortion with
> acoustics. You can't fix room flutter with a better DAC. You can't fix
> group delay or lack of dynamic range with speaker positioning. You
> can't fix boomy bass by reducing jitter.
>
> Your ears don't like distortion and they don't care where it comes
> from. A holistic approach is better IMO.
>
> (And remember making the end sound as reminiscent of reality as
> possible as often as possible isn't the same as accuracy, necessarily.
> Recordings aren't real sounds. Decide what you want before you start.)
> Darren

I agree to 99%  but i do disgress on a small thing you can not engineer
to reenact the reality of the event that would only theretically work
for one record or song ? If it properties where know, wich it is not.

You can strive to reproduce the signals in the files or on the disc's
this is known things you can somewhat have a clue when youre getting
closer.

As you say recordings is it own thing not the actuall event, most of
what i listen to have never happenend in reality anyway.

I just wanted to sharpen my reasoning against the audiphile obsession
with the little things and just ignore the big picture.

As the CD sound like cr*p anyway or maybe I should use another room in
my house for my hifi ?

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad