ralphpnj;614486 Wrote:
> No since, if I understand Mr. MC Ride correctly, the equivalent to live
> music would looking at the real living Rembrandt, not a painting of
> Rembrandt. Since Rembrandt is long dead all we have left are his many
> self portraits which, no matter how well they may have been painted,
> are still not the real Rembrandt.

Unless it is performance art, art is expereinced by watching the
artwork itself, e.g. the art work IS NOT a reproduction it is the real
thing hence the wording a work of art. So the equivalence of an
original painting would be a live performance.

Listening to music reproduction through your "stereo" is the same as
looking at reproduction of the art work, for instance a printed copy.

--
johann