firedog;615906 Wrote:
> I tend to block the really bad ones out and never listen to them or get
> rid of them, but...
>
> "A Wizard, A True Star" LP by Todd Rundgren. Well over 50 minutes, and
> heavily compressed to make it playable.
>
> No real high or low frequencies, and the music (which I actually like)
> is sort of high pitched, metallic and "acid trip" sounding -  by
> design.
>
> So the end result is sort of a high pitched drone without much
> dynamics.

One of the best intros to Todd was the original "Back to the Bars." As
albums go one can make "live" excuses" but I still listen due to the
performance having seen the live show a few times. It's a place in
time. <no honorifics>

BTW: the sincerity of "Runt.."

--
pski

real stereo doesn't just wake the neighbors, it -enrages- them.. It is
truly the Golden Age of Wireless